Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Friends vs. Meaningful Friendships

I went to bed early last night, I fell asleep praying. I was basically praying for direction. I have been corresponding with a friend lately, she is basically in the same place in life as I am. We both feel like our lives are in limbo. Like day after day we are basically just living and working, living and working, living and working... Isn't that what live is all about??

I don't know if this job is going to work out. I had dreams about work again last night... When I have dreams about work I'm usually trying to collect and nothing is working.. Not very restful sleep, because when I wake up I'm already dreading going to work.. Have you ever watched Office Space? My job is not really like that but it kinda makes me laugh. One of the funny lines in that movie goes something like this, "Every day that I go to work it is worse than the last day so every day you see me is pretty much the worst day of my life..." Thankfully I am not to that level of discontentment...

I am thankful for the friends that I have because my friends make me feel loved. I'm a "words of affirmation" type guy so I feel loved when people tell me that then enjoy my company, stuff like that. Well, I have a friend who is always writing on my wall, I feel loved when that happens.. I played disc golf with a couple of my friends, I feel loved when that happens..

What is the different between a meaningful friendship and just having friends? Why do I not have many good friendships with the people that I go swing dancing with? Probably because we never have many meaningful conversations. My friends that I have that I consider good friends all have something in common, we believe in Jesus.. The people I go dancing with (most of them anyway) I have never really had a meaningful conversation with. That's what separates my real friends for my acquaintances.. I think I just feel lonely, but why? Is it because I am lacking faith? It was awesome to fall asleep praying last night!! I need to spend more time with Jesus, lost in prayer. I didn't feel lonely last night once I started focusing on God and not myself..

I need to focus on God, I need to pray continuously, I need to praise His name in all things, I cannot live my life day to day without God..

No comments:

Post a Comment