Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 27, 2011

"Enjoy the Moment" changes to "Enjoying the Moments."

I was chatting with a good friend on FB the other day and she said something that has stuck with me for the past couple of days.. She said, "Enjoy the moment," when I was telling her what was new with my life. It is in those moments that you are able to look back, it is what memories are made of. Some of the "moments" that I look back on and always bring a smile to my are are the months that I spent with my friends, Matt, Leah, Jaron and Kristy. We spent a summer together and that summer changed our lives. The summer ended in a grand fine-ally when we spent the weekend together. Well, I can't speak for everyone but Jaron and Leah are married and have a baby together, so it changed their lives.. Kristy will be an eternal friend no matter where her life takes her and Matt and I will always have a connection. At the time, I think we all knew that we would never be spending a weekend like that together ever again but everything was perfect. Oh, it was so perfect. I praise God for giving us these moments. Other "moments" that I have enjoyed are "moments" that just happen and you don't really enjoy them until you are looking back on them. I guess life just happens so fast that the moment is here and gone before you realize it ever happened. But I will always be able to look back on the experiences and know that we all shared it together. When I was talking to the woman who told me this, I was telling her about plans I was making and how I might be making some changes in my life.. I want to be able to enjoy the moment but when I find someone special I want that moment to change into life.. So I won't necessarily be "enjoying the moment" because everything I do will be enjoyable.. Does that make sense? I guess it would change from a past tense "enjoy" into a present tense, "enjoying..." "Enjoying the moments," everything you are doing is an adventure and there won't be a change from ordinary to special. It will all be special..

Now I'm going to make a bit of a stretch to 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, "Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." This is what God wants for us..? What I take away from this passage is that Christ is here, with us, now. We don't look back as say, "That was awesome spending time with Jesus.." Jesus didn't leave, he's been here all along.. We don't go away and share a weekend with him and then go on with our life because he is there right now! I'm not waiting for a chance He will have to just hang out with me because he is already there, enjoying the moments we are always spending with Him.. So, right now, I'm enjoying the moments with Jesus. What's up Jesus? How ya doing bra? Kickin' it with my homie, brotha J. Ever present. Thank you for everything, Jesus..

No comments:

Post a Comment