Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Back in Minnesota.

Well, I'm back in Minnesota after spending about five months in Kentucky. I am going to miss my friends in Kentucky a lot! Sure, I have friends in MN but I seemed to really connect with a couple people in KY. The person I connected best with was Jonathan, he and I seemed to really understand each other. I think we are at similar points in our lives and we see the good in other people. He was so encouraging and always up for anything. I think our friendship would have continued to grow had I stayed there longer. I got close to a couple girls while I was there too, girls that were totally cool with just hanging out, I already miss them. It is friendships like that that I don't really have in MN. I guess I should hang out with my friends here more. I kinda want to move back there.. But it is feelings like these that will probably fade in time. If they don't fade then I can definitely see myself living in KY and visiting Minnesota from time to time. The weather here seems to be more consistent then KY. Sure we have our days where it is warm one day and literally freezing the next but they changes from the highs to lows are not as drastic as they are in KY. I think I would have to have working A/C if I were to live in KY. In MN, you really only miss A/C for a month or two and then it works great all winter (when you don't need it). Another thing that is really different in MN is the swing dancing scene. I went dancing last night to a live band and there were probably only about 30 people there but about half of them were as good or better then most of the swing dancers in Louisville.. But I'll take good friendships over good swing dancing any day!

Things on my to do list are: Go to the bank and deposit my tax returns, file for unemployment, unpack all my stuff, get ready for drill this weekend, look for a job and go to a Peter Strom swing dance lesson, probably pretty close to that order. I looked for a job last night but I don't really know what I want to do.. I applied for some HR jobs at Fort Knox and it would be a God send if I was given the opportunity to get a good job down there. There are a lot of bank here in the Metro area and I would like to work for Chase Bank because I have collected indirectly for them in the past and was really impressed by their company, but there are not many jobs with Chase here in MN.. Wells Fargo is always hiring but I don't really want to be a teller or a call center banker.. The call center hours are kinda demanding 9-6 and weekends.. Yeah, I don't really want to be married to my job, a life outside of work would be nice.. I am kinda unmotivated right now and I haven't really started looking yet. I think I'm going to try to borrow P90X from some of my friends, so I'm going to do that to try to get into shape! Well, I'm already in pretty good shape but I want to be in really good shape! Maybe I'll go for a run tomorrow, I don't really feel like it today.

Well, I should do something with my day. Maybe I'll play Angry Birds for a bit.. What an addicting game..

No comments:

Post a Comment