Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Cleaning..

I get into these spurts.. Like, one time I thought it would be fun to scrap book, but it only took about five pages to do my whole life.. Or the pictures that I had on hand anyway.. Today, I got into this cleaning spurt.. I'm not done yet but when I am finished I hope for my room to be really clean with an area in the middle big enough to do a swingout.. I think I might go get some filing cabinets or a book shelf, something that will allow me to better organize. Yesterday I picked up some filing boxes, the type with handles on them so they are pretty mobile. I actually bought two different types, one for personal files and one for military filing. My current method of filing is just throwing everything into my filing box, in an orderly fashion... But there are really old files in there that I don't need and it really isn't very organized. I guess part of my motivation to do this is because I had my room pretty clean when I left and I want to be organized. I want to know exactly where everything is and not waste time looking for things. I'm really good at keeping everything important but I'm pretty good at keeping everything that isn't important too... So then I have everything, but I don't need most of the stuff. Another thing that is motivating me is being able to move.. I haven't decided to move but I want to be flexible. I don't want to live is this house forever! I like it, but I want something more.. I do have it pretty good though, $300 a month plus utilities. I spend $300 staying in a hotel room for three days! I couldn't wait to get out of there, I can't justify spending that kind of money! I need to budget too. Now that I'm out of credit card debt and I could potentially be out of student loan debt, it is extremely important that I live within my means. Once I budge everything I have to make sure that I am putting money in savings. If you are not saving money then you are not living within your means...

I have a lot of stuff. I guess some of this is just in my blood. My dad has several cars, and a bone yard of old cars that still have lots of good "parts" on them. Does he need all those things? Well, no, but it is something of a hobby for him. In going through my stuff I have found things that I have collected with good intentions but then they have just sat around. I have to ask myself, "Am I really going to make another shirt for Rendezvous? I I really need all the boots that that Military has given me? Do I need 8 pairs of good jeans and 6 pair of play jeans?? I just have so much stuff. I'm not a hoarder like on those TV shows, thankfully.. My room can get messy but then I get into one of these spurts... Well, I have a hair cut scheduled for 3:00 so that gives me a drop dead time of 2:30... Its noon right now so I should be able to reorganize my room, unpack my bags (civilian and military), repack my military bag for this weekend, organize my military filing box, tidy up the rest of my room, go through my clothes and toss some of them and be ready to leave the house for my hair cut. Speaking of going through my clothes, a friend of mine told me that I could make a quilt out of my old T-shirts so that I am able to keep them around even though I won't be wearing them anymore.. I wish I had considered that last time I threw out like 10 T-shirts that I liked but didn't really wear anymore. I've never made a quilt but I think it sounds like a great idea... But then again, it kinda sounds like a good intention that might never happen. We will have to see what shirts I am considering throwing out..

Two bloggs in two days.. I need to get a job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment