Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 2, 2011

She was defriended..

I have a pretty good friend who I met on Speeddate, she lives in Iowa. We have never met however we know each other fairly well.. Well, I probably know more facts about her then she does me but that's probably because I ask more questions.. And I try to listen. She's pretty cool. We bounce stuff off of each other from time to time and neither one of us are right all the time but its good to have someone to give me honest and frank advise... Today she asked me to explain the situation that was bothering me yesterday.. I got the answer to the question that I asked.. I kinda already knew the answer but it was good to get a confirmation and a little support. The question I posed was this, "If you call a girl and you know that she is there but she doesn't answer, then what does that mean?" I guess I was looking for a more detailed answer but what my friend told me made sense. Her response was, "It means that the girl doesn't like you..." Now, I was hoping that it meant that she didn't like talking on the phone.. But the explanation I got made sense.. If you call a girl and she at least likes you as a friend, then she is going to pick up. If she doesn't even really like you enough to inconvenience herself, then she's probably not a friend at all." I asked if I should defriend this chick and delete her phone number (hoping that my friend in Iowa would say that was too harsh) she instead told me that that was what I should do. Once again, she explained it well saying, "she is not being nice and she is hurting you.." I was being hurt, not bad I guess, but more then a true "friend" would "hurt" another friend. Most of my friends are happy to talk on the phone... Or, at the very least, they will text me and say that they are busy or something like that... But a girl that doesn't want to talk to you doesn't even apologize for missing your call!

This girl told me that she didn't like it when guys played games with her... But she plays her own games.. I feel played.. The things I did wrong for "playing the game.." Firstly, I hate playing games like this, I say it how it is and pick up the pieces afterwards.. Secondly, I made it too easy for her to walk all over me.. If she wants to be friends with me then she will have to send me a friend request on fb or text me. Its like breaking up only we were never in a relationship (or friendship for that matter). Do you know how many of my ex girlfriends have contacted me after we broke up? Let me think... Maybe one and that was several years later and she was happily married with kids.. So, I don't think this girl will miss me enough to contact me. I always hope but this hope will soon fade.. Thirdly, I should have seen the signs... The first sign: I told her that I wanted to continue corresponding with her and she told me, "I'm not very good at corresponding with people who I don't see on a day to day basis.." I appreciated her honest, I think that was her trying to let me down lightly.. I'm a sucker.. Or I have to take that for what it is and it was her telling me not to expect or hope for anything. Lastly, I should have known it would never work, she's "out of my league." She's probably one of the prettiest girls I ever tried to pursue and like my friend in Iowa put it, "Travis, you're not a Frat boy.."

Ms. Iowa's advise for me. "Give it a break and focus on other stuff..." The thing is, I always get in really good shape after a break up. When the last girl I dated from Iowa broke up with me I got in the best shape of my adult life. I started running every day before work.. I work up to running about three and a half miles and I was pretty fast.. One day I even ran five miles before work.. I think I ran for two months straight.. I hated my job and I wanted to get away.. The best way for me to do that was to run and run fast.. Kinda like punishing my body, but in a good way. I just got done doing P90X, it really is punishment.. But it helps me focus on other stuff. I have wasted too much of my time looking for girls.. And I need to focus on college this fall and getting into Carlson. Oh, and maybe I'll focus on dancing a bit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment