Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 27, 2011

A taste of my own medicine.

I met a girl the other night at church, I just got her name and nothing else. Well, when I got home she had already sent me a FB friend request.. We chatted for a little while and some red flags went up but I figured I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.. A couple days later I watched the American Idol finale at her house. She was super shy and only made eye contact a couple times. This girl is 33 years old, so its not like she just moved out of the house.. Well, she is living in a house her dad owns and is driving one of their extra cars and she doesn't have a job for the summer.. Well, I can relate to the "being unemployed" part. But anyway, since we hung out she has been texting me non stop.. I can relate to that part though, (and Heidi also brought this up) in the past when I've started liking a girl it has been instant infatuation and all I did was focus on her and want to talk to her and want to be with her and want to hold her and want to talk to her... I know, crazy! I can't believe some of those girls actually dated me.. Because, when you are on the receiving end you can almost feel suffocated... So, she wants to be friends with me. There are not many people that I have refused friendship so we will see how this goes.. So far the guidelines are, text or chat when you have something important to say and say everything else through emails and if we are out somewhere it will be in a group. I am hopeful that she will understand how her actions are being perceived..

This is where I start being brutally honest and since very few people read this, those who choose to comment let me know if I'm being shallow or if these are legitimate gripes. I would not consider myself highly educated but one thing that really annoys me is when people do not use proper grammar.. Just simple stuff like speaking properly and not using slang all the time.. It is just polite to try to speak properly. Something else that I've recently noticed that bothers me is when people type letters as if they were texting, using things like "u" instead of "you" and "now" instead of "know" and misspelling common words or using them in the wrong way like "its" instead of "it is." It just shows a lack of attention to detail or that they don't really care what they are saying, or that's how I perceive it. Sure, I'm not perfect and sometimes I use a word in the wrong way but I try to catch myself.

Anyway, now I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of infatuation. So far I don't really like it..

No comments:

Post a Comment