Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Attitude Ajustment...

I went out with a different trainer for work today, it was a good experience.. The girl I went out with was very driven and was very sure of herself, she helped me see that I had to be both of those things. I need to be more confident. I talked to a friend of mine tonight and he agreed that my attitude was not very good. It came as a shock to me and as an eye opener because I usually thought that I had an optimistic outlook on life but that wasn't the case. I made a comment, "we'll see how long we last in here..." That is the attitude of someone who has already failed because he has basically already given up. I'll admit, I haven't always had the best self confidence but that too has to change if I expect/am ever to succeed at this job. I need to succeed for a number of reasons:

1. I need to move out of my sister's house while I am still on good terms.
2. I really enjoy this job eventhough it has challenged me more then anything else in my life.
3. I want to be finically secure enough to do things that I enjoy doing.
4. I do not want to quit or be fired from this job.
5. I am running out of money (that actually happened a while ago..)
6. I believe that God gave me this job and I want to suceed.

I have to walk into every business knowing that I am helping them run more efficently and by doing that they will be benifiting from the services that I am providing them. I will still consult them on the best decisions that they could be making. And I need to understand that I can't help everyone, I can only help those who are wiling to help themselves.

I went swing dancing tonight, I could tell that it had been a long time because I ran out of moves.. But the girls I danced with seemed to enjoy dancing with me. I want to believe that they liked dancing with me because they like me, not just because I was wearing a nice suit and tie! I am going to spend some time with God as I am preparing to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment