Powered By Blogger

Friday, January 30, 2009

Where do I go now??

God is so good! I quit my first job today. Sure, I've quit working at jobs before only to move on to the next one but today I walked away from one. I was selling products in a 100% commission job and I wasn't selling products, so I wasn't making any money. It was difficult for me to stop working. I thought that I was doing everything right and I was, for the most part.. But I didn't close any deals this week. So I guess you could say that I've been unemployed all week but I've been working for free... But it was a good job, I learned a lot. The things I learned about myself and selling in general with this job are:

I don't like to sell people things that they don't really need.

I have the ability to walk into any store and introduce myself.

Most people you run into are very friendly and easy to talk to. The people who aren't friendly or easy to talk to want to be friendly or easy to talk to but they don't know how to do it.

People take you for granted in you are too friendly.

I look good in a suit.

If I eliminate doubt words like, "Well, Um, Oooh, and Ahh," then people are more apt to listen to what I am actually saying.

Some people just don't have "all the right ingredents to make a pie.

God loves me and all I have to do it focus on him!!

Like I said, I have learned a lot working there! Now I'm off to bigger and better things!! I don't know what I am going to do but I'm in good hands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment