Powered By Blogger

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Memories, good and bad.

My sister's inlaws came over tonight and we had some birthday cake. It was a good time. I hope I have cool inlaws some day.

Bob and I went out for a snomobile ride so that was fun. Both the snomobiles ran really well. I enjoy snowmobiling, I grew up riding them. I have so many memories. Do you ever just sit there and think about all the things you've done and all the places you've been? Some people tell me that I have really good memory.
I remember a family trip we went on one time, we drove out to Oregan and visited my aunt and uncle out there. Eden, my aunt, if Filippino, my uncle met her when he was in the Marine Corps. My cousins were fun to play with but they are a lot younger then me. Its interesting, my uncle is the youngest in the family and he has some of the youngest kids.. I guess my parents got started fairly early though. I remember driving out there, we went past miles and miles of barren land. Well, it wasn't barren, feilds had once been there but they weren't being used anymore. That was the summer right before I left for basic training. I remember lying in bed in basic training thinking about all those acres of unused land, there was beauty there. The nothingness was beautiful. I have wondered what it would be like to live there, I don't know what I would do but the loneliness was somewhat comforting, espeically when I was stressed out about basic training. Then I was bitten by a spider and spent two weeks in a medical ward. I had good spirits though, I am usually pretty optimistic even when times are tuff. I remember the guy in the bed across from me, he was tired of the military and tired of being in the hospital. I hope I encouraged him somewhat, I was in worse shape then he was, he just has surgery to remove some cartledge from his knee.

The military.

I remember hearing stories from soliders who came out of "med hold." They were scary stories about soldiers losing their minds from being stuck in Medical Hold as they were supposed to be recovering. I guess they had to work all day and lift heavy objects even though they were supposed to be recovering... These may just be dumb stories or tall tails but I heard stories of soliders thowing buffing machines out windows with the cord wrapped around their neck so that it would break their necks and kill them to put them out of the misery that they were in, or cutting their wrists or ODing on meds. What a sad place to be. Sometimes I wish I could have been there to witness to them or at least encourage them..

I like encouraging people and I like telling them how special they are. Everyone is special. My mom was special but I guess she had medical problems that caused her to take her own life. I don't hear very much about her and you usually don't know much about someone when you are 8 years old. I've been told that I'm a lot like my dad, but I wonder how much I'm like my mom.. What would my mom tell me today if she was here?

What would you tell your loved ones if you knew that you wouldn't be here tomarrow? Do you hold anything back? Do you really tell them how much to love them or care about them? Do you ever tell your closest friends or loved ones how much you appreciate them? I told my sister that I appreciated her, it was probably the first time I had ever told her something like that. Its funny how our family seems to be close but we don't really say anything about it. Communication is really a two way street, but if you are willing to communicate with someone, sometimes they are more willing to communicate back. Today my sister told me that she was annoyed that I didn't shovel the driveway after it had snowed, they were out of town and came back to find that I hadn't really done anything. I am glad that she told me, that's communication. She told me that she was annoyed and now I know to shovel next time. I love my sister, even when she makes me mad. My sister is so driven and caring, and she isn't afraid to tell me things even if she hurts my feelings. I guess that's what sisters are for. I've been hurt but I think she has helped make me stronger. But sometimes she doesn't understand that I hodl her opinion higher then anyone else's. I would take her advise over most people's because she really wants what is best for me and she knows me better than anyone else. I can't imagine life without her...

I read a brother's (fellow Christian) blog, he was talking about his faith. It made me wonder what my own father believes. I know that he is a believer but he doesn't talk about it. I remember growing up, my dad would read something out of a book for us and then we would pray, it was enouraging, but I don't know that I really understood my faith at that time in my life.. We used to have Friday night game nights where we would play games together, I enjoyed it. Uno was banned though because my sister and I would cry when we lost. I guess you could say that I'm somewhat competitive.

Oh the memories.

I have truely been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment